Seamless PCB Production
Traditionally, it is the customer who has taken responsibility for ensuring products migrate from prototype to volume seamlessly. If there is a “gap” identified between the two products, typically, it has been the customer who accepts the associated costs and delays. Why?
Mind the gap
NCAB Group Seamless Production bridges the gap between volume and prototype production by aiming for better PCB designs, stable production, improved yields and shorter Time to Market. This way of working is applicable at all stages, from design, prototypes through to volume production. The NCAB group deliver Seamless Production, – PCBs at the lowest total cost.
- Prototype cost drivers are not always optimal for volume production
- Disconnect between prototype and volume producer leads to an inefficient process and increases TTM
- There are often differences between the technology capabilities of the prototype and volume factory. With the prototype being purchased first, such aspects can be incorporated into the design.
- Gap = additional resource to solve = more questions = redesign? = delay = higher total cost
The aim of this process is to share our knowledge of volume production and our technical competence at the design stage, utilising the many options available in our supply chain. The advise we provide benefits the design at every stage, reduces risk and the potential cost and time of product redesign after volume production has started.
Design optimisation for volume manufacture earlier in the life cycle
Areas where we can offer good design advise covering the full life cycle are:
- Panelisation vs. build vs. material vs. best practice
- Functionality vs. technology and capability
- Design and commercial DFM at concept stage
- Design guidelines for designers
- Material considerations
- Copper thickness – what is really needed vs. specification and industry standard
- Yield improvements