Purchasing PCBs – checklists of what you should think about
How do you go about purchasing reliable and durable PCBs at the lowest possible cost? Check out our checklists about what to think about when designing and purchasing PCBs.
These lists are an extract from our latest Newsletter
Checklist for the design of PCBs
- Are your early technology choices the right ones for the purpose?
- What is required of the end product?
- Have you thought in terms of volume right from the start?
- Have you tapped in to the knowledge available from EMS and PCB suppliers?
Checklist for the purchase of PCBs
- Are the tender specifications complete and clear?
- Are the requirements with regard to thickness, surface finish, materials, quality, number of number of assembly(reflow) processes etc clearly specified?
- Have you provided information or a panel drawing that will enable all the suppliers to generate panelizing that is comparable?
- Does the product’s end-use determine its quality?
- Are the specifications appropriate for production? Do they include relevant information about the number of reflow processes, component overhang, clearances required between circuits on the panel, etc?
For the whole article, download our newsletter, here (available in English, Swedish, Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian and Finnish)