Our factories conduct rigorous quality and reliability tests on each new batch prior to dispatch, all of which are documented in the NCAB Group Certificate of Conformity. However, NCAB Group continues to take ownership of the qualification and release of products be this during volume supply or during our procurement and factory qualification processes.
NCAB’s Laboratory evaluates and supports a comprehensive first article inspection process and assures that the products we are receiving are as ordered. NCAB can also carry out root cause analysis of both assembled or bare boards should this be required, without the need or the additional time involved in sending boards back to our factories for analysis. This allows us to quickly grasp any issue and feedback to the factories quickly and accurately.
NCAB Group regularly undertakes the following activities:
- Full micro sectional analysis
- IPC class 3 process and acceptance verification
- Copper thickness checks on all layers and on hole wall
- Analysis and verification of build, including dielectric thicknesses
- Evaluation of BGA and SMD pad geometries along with track and gap measurements
- Solderability testing
- Thermal stress and delamination tests
- Solder-mask analysis including adhesion and thickness evaluation
- X-Ray fluorescence checks to measure the thickness of surface finishes such as ENIG, immersion Tin, etc.
- Generation of CpK data for critical features such as copper through hole, track and gap
- Fault finding and root causes analysis
The level of detail and analysis available from NCAB´s internal qualification and release checks can be seen in the template below.